Are you interested in going to P2C PLUS Conference, but worried about finances? Did you know that you can fundraise to come to the conference?! Perhaps taking a step of faith to fundraise for P2C PLUS will be part of what enables you to come this year.
Perhaps you’re thinking, “Why would someone give to you?” At P2C PLUS, you can have a big impact for Christ in a short amount of time. You can be equipped for even greater impact as you’re sent out to continue taking steps of faith in your relationship with Jesus. This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to invest in your life and in the Kingdom!
Once you register, you can start fundraising. Step-by-step instructions on how to fundraise are below. We look forward to seeing you at P2C PLUS in December!
For more information, read the FAQ below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time if you have questions.
You are embarking on an adventure as you take this step of trusting God to fundraise for P2C PLUS. You are trusting God to direct you to people who want to partner with you and Power to Change. Below are steps that will walk you through how to have a good fundraising experience. We want your process of fundraising for P2C PLUS to go smoothly!
1 – PREPARE
- Pray and take some time to go through the biblical motivation for fundraising HERE.
- Create your personal fundraising webpage:
- Click HERE and login or click on “Create an Account”
- Once created you will be redirected to another page. Click on “CLICK HERE TO START A FUNDING CAMPAIGN”
- Select your conference from the dropdown and fill in each section to personalise it for your donors (don’t forget a photo!)
- Set your fundraising goal
- Ex. Conference Ticket minus your $50 portion + P2C Booked Travel + $100 extra to making P2C PLUS even more awesome = $____
- Write your ask letter using the template HERE.
2 – ASK
- Brainstorm all the Christians you know (try for 50 names).
- Gather addresses and phone numbers (Mailing or giving in person has better results, but if you only have an email or Facebook contact that works too).
- Send your letters including the link to your fundraising webpage.
3 – FOLLOW UP
- A couple days after they receive the letter, call each person to ask if they have decided to give (you can use the script HERE as a guideline).
- Fill out Record of Funds Form for any donations received in person (not online).
4 – BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Make sure to bring any cheques you have received with the record of funds form.
- Go to the Fundraising Registration Table when you arrive to check-in (see FAQ for more info).
- Be prepared to pay for any costs (if any) that were not covered by donations.
- Write a thank you card for each donor, you can more information about thank you cards HERE.
|Oct 15||Buy your fundraising ticket (Recommended)|
|Oct 22||All ask letters sent (Recommended)|
|Nov 15||Call back everyone for a decision (Recommended)|
|Dec 20||Final day to receive online donations on your personal fundraising webpage|
|Dec 28||P2C PLUS Fundraising Registration Table – bring your cheque donations with a record of funds form.|
HOW DO I START FUNDRAISING FOR P2C PLUS?
Click here to purchase the fundraising ticket. Step by step instructions
IS THERE A BIBLICAL MOTIVATION TO FUNDRAISING?
Yes. You can read more about it by downloading this document here!
HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO RAISE?
The amount that you raise is up to you! You can raise as much or as little as you would like to cover your registration and P2C booked travel costs.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR?
You will pay $50 for your fundraising ticket, as well as your food costs during the conference. The $50 is non-refundable and cannot be covered by your fundraising.
WHAT IF I RAISE MORE THAN THE TOTAL AMOUNT THAT I NEED?
Check-in at the Fundraising Registration Table and have a great time at P2C PLUS! Any funds that go beyond your eligible conference costs go towards making P2C PLUS even more awesome.
WHAT IF I DON’T RAISE THE TOTAL AMOUNT THAT I NEED?
Come to the conference and pay
the difference at the Fundraising Registration Table.
CAN MY FUNDRAISING COVER MY TRAVEL COSTS?
Your fundraising can only cover travel costs if your travel is being booked by Power to Change. Please contact your local Power to Change staff or visit our Travel page for more information.
HOW DO I DEAL WITH THE DIFFERENT WAYS PEOPLE WANT TO GIVE MONEY?
For credit cards, send people to your personal fundraising webpage. Keep in mind that credit card donations will take a few days to process, so encourage your donors to give by December 2Oth so that we have a record of it when you arrive. If donations are received after December 20th, we can’t guarantee that they will be processed in time. If they haven’t been processed when you arrive at the Fundraising Registration Table, they can’t count towards your conference costs.
For cheques, make sure they are made payable to “Power to Change”. The donor should give the cheque to you directly or by mail. Record their donation on the Conference Record of Funds form and bring it with you to the Fundraising Registration Table.
For cash, make sure that you have recorded the amount each person has given you in cash on a Conference Funds form. Then write a cheque or obtain a money order from your bank for the cumulative amount of cash you have received from the different people.
When filling out the Conference Record of Funds form, make sure that you provide complete contact information for each of your donors. We need this so that we can issue a tax receipt. They will appreciate that!
WHAT DO I DO IF SOMEONE WANTS TO MAKE A PLEDGE BUT CANNOT GIVE RIGHT NOW?
As long as their cheque is dated no later than Dec 28th, they can give a donation to you. Any donation received after Dec 28th will not count towards your fundraising total. You need to have all your donation cheques with you when you arrive at the conference, otherwise you will need to pay the remainder on site.
WHAT IF I AM FUNDRAISING, BUT I BOUGHT MY TICKET AS PART OF A GROUP TICKET?
You cannot fundraise with a group ticket through P2C PLUS. The opportunity to fundraise directly through the conference is only available to people who have purchased the “Fundraising” ticket.
WHAT IF I WANT TO TRANSFER SOME EXTRA DONATIONS TO MY FRIEND WHO IS ALSO FUNDRAISING?
You can give a cheque designated for you to a friend to count as their donation before you arrive at the Fundraising Registration Table. All online donations cannot be transferred to another person. In general, once a donation has been received by Power to Change, it cannot be transferred to anyone else.
HOW DO I KNOW MY FUNDRAISING PROGRESS?
There is a great goal tracker on your personal fundraising webpage where you can see the amount you have raised to date. This includes all gifts given through your fundraising webpage.
Also, every week leading up to the conference you will receive an email summarizing the donations received for you. There will be a final email sent to you on Dec 27th.